Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/4 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Pyure Brands All Purpose Blend
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. In large bowl, whisk together spelt flour, cocoa powder, almond flour, All Purpose Blend, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside.
- In separate bowl, whisk together avocado, egg, almond milk, oil and vanilla until blended; stir into spelt flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chunks.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffin tops spring back when pressed lightly. Let cool in pan on rack.
- Tip: Fold chopped almonds or pecans into batter if desired.