Our favorite summer dessert recipes use fresh fruit and organic stevia to help you beat the heat! Try these frozen summer treats, like Pyure Organic’s Tropical Splash popsicles or a better-for-you ice cream sandwich that uses light, fluffy whipped coconut milk — yum! Whether you’re celebrating the Fourth of July with a cherry pie or chilling poolside with a strawberry popsicle, these easy summer desserts are what makes summer so great.
Ice Cream Sandwich
What’s better than an ice cream sandwich? A homemade, better-for-you ice cream sandwich without sugar or artificial sugar. This recipe takes a little more time than some of the easy no-bake dessert recipes on this list, but the results are worth the effort. This recipe has been adapted from Oatmeal with a Fork.
For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp, divided, Pyure Organic Granular Sweetener
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the filling:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated for at least 12 hours
- 2 drops Pyure Organic Liquid Stevia Extract Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Let’s start with the cookies. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Sift the cocoa, 2 tbsp stevia, and salt to remove any lumps.
- Add the egg whites and lemon juice to a bowl.
- Beat the egg white mix until 'soft peaks' start to form (about 3 minutes).
- Add 1 tbsp stevia and beat the mixture until stiff glossy peaks form (about 4-5 minutes).
- Using a spatula, fold in the cocoa/stevia/salt mix and the vanilla. This will take a few minutes to all come together.
- Drop large teaspoons of batter onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Make sure you make an even number!
- Bake the cookies for 28 minutes and allow to cool.
- In the meantime start the filling. Open the can of cold coconut milk, and skim off the top layer of thick cream (about the top 1/3 of the can).
- Place the cream into a bowl and add the stevia and vanilla.
- Beat the cream until it thickens. This can take some time!
- Dollop the whipped cream onto a cooled cookie and top it with another cookie, making a sandwich.
- Repeat this process to make as many sandwiches as you have cookies.
- Place the ice cream sandwiches into the freezer for 5-15 minutes. Going beyond this amount of time will cause the 'ice cream' to harden, and it will not taste as good
Frozen Yogurt Recipe with Stevia
Of all of our favorite summer dessert recipes, this one is a fan favorite. Frozen yogurt is deceptively easy to make and one of the best dessert ideas to keep you cool this summer! This easy dessert doesn’t require an ice cream maker — our recipe uses a food processor and just a few better-for-you ingredients like fruit and Pyure Organic stevia. This frozen yogurt recipe from The Sugar-Free Diva uses strawberries, but feel free to substitute whatever fruit you want. Or, try add-ins like Organic Chocolate Flavored Syrup By Pyure or natural peanut butter.
- 4 ½ cups strawberries
- 1 ½ cups plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ - 1 tbsp Pyure Organic Granular Sweetener
- Prepare the strawberries by hulling them and chopping them up. To remove the hulls, you can use a strawberry huller or a straw. Then, freeze the strawberries.
- Combine together the yogurt, strawberries, vanilla extract, and Pyure Organic sweetener in a blender or food processor. Puree the ingredients until the mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer container. Freeze until the mixture reaches a frozen consistency- about an hour. Allow the frozen mixture to sit out for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Vanilla Pudding Popsicles
Sugar-free vanilla pudding makes a great base for these frozen pops. Try to resist eating the pudding straight from the fridge instead of freezing! This popsicle recipe is a big hit — and a super-easy frozen dessert to keep on hand for backyard BBQs, pool picnics, and lazy Sundays.
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup Pyure Organic Granular Sweetener
- 1 tsp Pyure Organic Liquid Stevia Extract Sweetener, Vanilla
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a saucepan, whisk together milk, Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend, Pyure Organic Liquid Stevia, vanilla flavor, vanilla extract and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 10 to 12 minutes, or until steaming and beginning to thicken.
- In a separate heatproof bowl, whisk egg yolks.
- Pour half of the hot milk mixture into the eggs, whisking. Pour mixture back into the saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Let cool. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cold. TIP: Place plastic or waxed paper on top of the pudding, touching it, as it cools so it doesn’t form a pudding skin.
- Spoon pudding into frozen pop molds. Insert wooden pop sticks and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
Strawberry Popsicle Recipe
This keto popsicle recipe uses fresh strawberries and lemon juice for a tart kick! Adapted from Low Carb Yum, this strawberry popsicle recipe is super easy and sugar-free.
- ½ cup Pyure Organic Granular Sweetener
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- In a saucepan, heat sweetener and strawberries on medium-low until a sauce is formed (about 5-10 minutes).
- Place warm strawberry sauce and lemon juice in a blender until smooth.
- Combine with water in a large bowl.
- Pour liquid into 12 popsicle molds or freezer pop bags.
- Freeze until solid.
Show us your summer treats on Instagram! Tag us, @PyureOrganic. We can’t wait to see how you beat the heat with Pyure Organic.