This healthy take on the classic beignet is over the top – these beignets are filled with Pyure Hazelnut Spread!
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes (+ 20 minutes standing time)
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp Pyure Organic Powdered Stevia Sweetener (approx.)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/3 cups
0% Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup Pyure Hazelnut Spread
- In bowl, whisk together flour, 1 1/2 tbsp stevia sweetener, baking powder and salt. Add yogurt and vanilla, mixing until dough comes together.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough a few times. Pat into 2 1/2-inch square, about 1/4-inch thick. Cut into 12 pieces. Cover with tea towel; let stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 350° Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray; brush melted butter all over beignets. Fry beignets in batches, flipping once, for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Spoon hazelnut spread into piping bag fitted with medium round piping tip. When beignets are cool enough to handle but still warm, pierce hole with piping tip into one end; fill with hazelnut spread.
- Transfer to platter; dust with stevia sweetener.
Tip: Substitute melted butter for cooking spray if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per 1 beignet
Saturated Fat 3g
Net carbs per beignet = 14g