Lemon Blueberry Scone Recipe
The perfect breakfast to bake on Sunday and eat throughout the week, this lemon blueberry scone recipe by Pyure Organic is a must-try. It's keto-friendly and sugar-free, with a light refreshing taste that's bound to give you a morning pick-me-up. Full of flavor and not too heavy, yet topped with a sweet glaze, it's great for you and for the kids. Additionally, they are gluten-free. Truly a breakfast recipe to please everyone.
Make the scones and the glaze separately.
Lemon Blueberry Scone Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup Pyure Organic Confectioners Stevia Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
Lemon Blueberry Scone Recipe Glaze Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Pyure Organic Confectioners Stevia Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons of heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Prepare the scone dough first.
To Prepare the Dough
- Mix almond flour, Pyure Organic Confectioners Stevia Sweetener, baking powder, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk egg, melted butter, fresh lemon zest, and pure vanilla extract.
- Mix egg mixture into dry mixture with a large spoon until you have a softball of dough.
- Fold fresh or frozen blueberries until evenly distributed in the dough.
- Place your ball of dough onto the lined cookie sheet and gently press down until you form a flat disc. It should be 1-inch thick and approximately 6 inches wide.
- Slice the disc into 8 even slices using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake 18 to 22 minutes, until the scones are a light golden brown.
- Set aside and allow scones to cool completely.
To Prepare the Glaze
- Mix Pyure Organic Confectioners Stevia Sweetener with fresh lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of heavy whipping cream and stir. Add an additional teaspoon until the glaze is thick enough.
- Pour lightly over the top of the scones once they are completely cool.
Serving Size: 1 scone