What can be more irresistible than a molten chocolate cake, warm from the oven?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 oz good quality unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed (approx.).
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 35% whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly butter four, 4-oz oven-proof ramekins. Place ramekins on rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In heatproof bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate with butter. Let cool slightly.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk eggs, egg yolks with Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend and salt until pale and thickened.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Evenly spoon chocolate mixture into prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cakes have puffed and formed a light crust. Cakes will jiggle slightly when shaken. (Cakes should still be soft in center to retain soft flowing center)
- Meanwhile, whip whipping cream in bowl until soft peaks form. Add 1 tsp Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend; continue whipping for 1 minute longer.
- Run knife around edge of cakes and invert onto serving plate. Serve with dollop of whipped cream.
TIP: Make cake batter in ramekins ahead of time and store, covered, in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before baking.
- Per 1 cake
- Calories 530
- Fat 54g
- Cholesterol 285mg
- Sodium 130mg
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 9g