Sugar free vanilla pudding makes a great base for these frozen pops. If you prefer, eat the pudding straight from the fridge instead of freezing.
Recipe Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup Pyure Organic Granular Sweetener
- 1 tsp Pyure Organic Liquid Stevia, vanilla flavor
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp butter
- In saucepan, whisk together milk, Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend, Pyure Organic Liquid Stevia, vanilla flavor, vanilla extract and cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 10 to 12 minutes, or until steaming and beginning to thicken.
- In separate heatproof bowl, whisk egg yolks.
- Pour half of the hot milk mixture into the eggs, whisking.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Let cool. Transfer to bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Spoon pudding into frozen pop molds. Insert wooden pop sticks and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
TIP: Place plastic or waxed paper on top of pudding, touching it, as it cools so it doesn’t form a pudding skin.
- Per 1 pudding pop
- Calories 150
- Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 145mg
- Sodium 85mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 5g