Tender, moist and naturally sweet – enjoy these muffins as an afternoon snack or as a wholesome grab-and-go breakfast.
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 20
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Pyure Organic All-Purpose Stevia Sweetener
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) large flake oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Grease 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together bananas, eggs, sweetener, milk, oil, ground flax seeds and vanilla. In separate bowl, combine oats, almond flour, baking powder and salt; stir into banana mixture just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin; sprinkle with walnuts. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of a muffin. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
- TIP: Muffins can be wrapped individually and frozen for up to 1 month.