Slather this versatile BBQ sauce on anything hot off the grill, use it as a marinade for your favorite cut of meat, or even as a dipping sauce for veggies!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup Pyure Sugar Free Honey Alternative
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Heat butter in saucepan set over medium heat; cook onions and garlic for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer; cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until thickened and cherries are tender.
- Let cool; purée until smooth. Serve warm or let cool completely and refrigerate.
Tip: For a spicy kick, replace smoked paprika with chipotle chili powder.
Per 2 Tbsp. (30 mL)
Saturated Fat 1g