This breakfast favorite puffs as it bakes. Be sure to be waiting for it to come out of the oven as it deflates rather quickly. You want to be waiting for it, not the other way around.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Pyure Organic All Purpose Stevia Blend
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp Pyure Organic All Purpose Liquid Stevia
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in heatproof or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add stevia blend, apples and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes or until apples are tender and golden.
- Transfer apples in skillet to oven and heat for 5 minutes (pancake will puff best in a hot pan).
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, remaining cinnamon, salt and liquid stevia. Whisk in flour until combined.
- Pour batter into hot pan and immediately return to oven.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until pancake is puffed, golden and set in the center.
- Serve warm with a lemon wedge if desired.
Tip: Substitute apples with plums or ripe firm pears.
- Per 1/6 recipe
- Calories 250
- Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 150mg
- Sodium 180mg
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 8g